A few inches of snow and very cold temps mean a two-hour delay for the start of school this morning, so I have some extra time to have coffee and hang out with my son this morning. He’s excitedly running through the living room in his snow boots, so I’m taking a few minutes to make note of a few things that have interested me lately.
- The Fujifilm X100s a One Year on Review: “I love the X100s and after a year of shooting it still holds the same excitement it offered on day one. I can’t recommend it enough.”
- Blues Brothers mall car-chase recreated in Lego - Boing Boing: we gotta go see the Penguin.
- Film Crit Hulk Smash: ALCOHOL, WITHNAIL AND GARY KING [Lower Caps Bruce Banner Edition]
- Boing Boing Gift Guide 2013 - Boing Boing: there’s a lot of pretty cool stuff on this list.
- DMing for your toddler: my son has started wanting me to tell him stories instead of reading them, so I’ve been making up a couple of core stories and elaborating on them a little each night as he asks questions and reminds me of details I may have added and forgotten. Turning this into a shared, RPG-like story game sound like a lot of fun.
- ‘Racism’ of early colour photography explored in art exhibition : This is a fascinating story that should give some light to the week’s dust up over gender-neutral pronouns. Technologies are not neutral to race, gender and class.